Within the frames of its functions Commission cooperates with the international agencies and organizations operating in the Republic of Armenia as well as similar international state bodies of the foreign countries.
International co-operation of Commission is aimed at:
- Accomplishment of obligations envisaged in international contracts signed on the issues referring to the Commission competency;
- Study of economic competition protection processes in foreign states, introduction of the advanced experience and improvement of the staff qualification;
- Drafting and implementation of international technical assistance programs deriving from the Commission interests;
- Support in integration into the world economic environment within the frames of its powers;
- Enhancing relationship with competent bodies of foreign states and international organizations;
- Exchange of experience and collaboration with similar structures;
- Execution of other powers delegated to Commission according to the legislation of the Republic of Armenia.
The Commission carries out activities to develop bilateral and multilateral relations by cooperating with international authorities and organizations having significant role in implementation of global economic competition policy, formation of cooperation and mutual understanding.
Within the framework of bilateral cooperation each year the Commission carries out activities with competent state bodies of the foreign countries for exchange of experince, introducing advanced experience and enhancing professional skills of its employees, as well as elaborating and implementing joint programs. The Commission has signed five bilateral cooperation agreements with the competition/antitrust authorities of Georgia, France, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
In the scope of multilateral cooperation the Commission participates in the annual sessions, conferences as well as current activities of working groups of International Competition Network (ICN), CIS Interstate Council of Antitrust Policy (ICAP), Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), UN Commission for Trade and Development (UNCTAD). As a result of this cooperation, frameworks for joint implementation of competition policy enforcement and harmonization of legislation and mechanisms for joint studies are drafted and approved.
Each year the Commission actively carries out activities for the extension of cooperation with the competition agencies of foreign countries.
Within the framework of the European Neighborhood Policy in the implementation procedure of EU Armenia Action Plan the cooperation is mainly focused on the elaboration and implementation of EU Twinning and Taiex programs which significantly contributed to the harmonization of competition legislation, legal norms with international standards.
The Commission cooperated and implemented targeted programs with a number of international organizations, including United States Agency for International Development (USAID), World Bank (WB), Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), Armenian-European Center for Economic Policy and legal Issues (AEPLAC), Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development OECD-GVH Regional Center for Competition in Budapest (OECD RCC) and German International Cooperation Organization (GIZ).
Taking into account the current challenges, and with a view to resolving new problems in accordance with international principles, the Commission intends to enlarge its cooperation and implement new joint programs focused on institutional development and competition advocacy both at bilateral and multilateral level.